History[edit | edit source]
The Sackville Fire Department was formed in 1955. It served the communities of Lower Sackville, Middle Sackville and Upper Sackville, all located in the northwestern portion of Halifax County.
In 1996, Sackville FD and the other fire departments of Halifax County were amalgamated to form the Halifax Regional Fire and Emergency Service.
Fire Stations[edit | edit source]
|Fire Station||Beaverbank Rd. & Gloria Ave.||1955-19??|
|Fire Station||479 Patton Rd., Upper Sackville||19??-1996 (amalgamation)||Currently Halifax Regional Fire Station 11.|
|Fire Station||1 Metropolitan Blvd., Lower Sackville||19??-1996 (amalgamation)||Currently Halifax Regional Fire Station 9.|
|Fire Station||1156 Sackville Dr., Middle Sackville||19??-1996 (amalgamation)||Currently Halifax Regional Fire Station 10.|
Apparatus[edit | edit source]
- All pump/tank measurements are in Imperial gallons.
- Halifax Regional Municipality shop numbers in brackets.
- (97-98TS) - 1996 Freightliner FL 80 / Metalfab heavy rescue
- (81-182E) - 1981 Ford F-800 / King pumper (840/1000) (SN#810033)
- 1980 Ford / King pumper (SN#800047)
- 1978 Mack R / Thibault pumper (1050/800) (SN#T78-102) (Sold to Martin's River Volunteer Fire Department)
- 1974 Mack R / Thibault pumper (1050/500) (Sold to Walden Volunteer Fire Department (Nova Scotia))
- 1967 GMC T8700 / King pumper (840/800) (SN#66012) (Sold to Chester Basin Fire Department)
- 1960 Seagrave 531-KA / King-Seagrave aerial (Booster Pump/100' mid-mount) (King Seagrave SN#L-6695) (Seagrave SN#9110) (Ex-East York Fire Department 1960-1986)
- (55-05A) - 1955 Chevrolet 1600 / Marsh front-mount pumper (420/?)