- 1 History
- 2 Manned Stations
- 2.1 Port of Corpus Christi Authority - Corpus Christi
- 2.2 Lyondellbasell LP - Corpus Christi
- 2.3 Flint Hills Resources (Former Koch Petroleum Group LP) - Corpus Christi
- 2.4 CITGO - Corpus Christi
- 2.5 INEOS - Chocolate Bayou, Texas (Former LyondellBasell Olefins Plant)
- 2.6 Flint Hills Resources - Port Arthur, TX
- 2.7 Mississippi Power Company - Meridian, MS
- 2.8 RTFC MAIN STATION - 1001 McBride Lane, Corpus Christi
- 2.9 RTFC TRAINING ACADEMY - 3920 Carbo, Plant Road Corpus Christi
- 3 Retired Apparatus
- 4 External Links
Refinery Terminal Fire Company (RTFC) functions as a cooperative entirely owned by it's industrial membership. RTFC currently protects over 60 individual facilities owned by 13 different corporations.
RTFC, also known as “Fire Company,” was established in 1948, in the wake of the Texas City, Texas disaster, and today is the largest non-profit industrial firefighting group in the United States. The Fire Company’s goal was to provide fire department services to The Port of Corpus Christi and the related refining and petrochemical port industries.
Port of Corpus Christi Authority - Corpus Christi
Firefighting barge (8000/15000)
A total of 21 fire professionals protect the plant and work RTFC’s standard 24-hour on/48-hour off, three platoon system. Each seven-person staff consists of one Captain, one Sr. Firefighter, and five Firefighters.
Flint Hills Resources (Former Koch Petroleum Group LP) - Corpus Christi
A total of 15 fire professionals protect this plant. Each shift consists of one Captain, one Sr. Firefighter, and three Firefighters.
West Refinery is staffed by a six person shift comprised of one Captain, one Sr. Firefighter, and four Firefighters.
CITGO - Corpus Christi
A total of 15 fire professionals protect the plant. One Captain, one Senior Firefighter, and three Firefighters staff each of the three shifts.
INEOS - Chocolate Bayou, Texas (Former LyondellBasell Olefins Plant)
Manned 2001 - 2010, 201? -
A total of 18 fire professionals and one Assistant Chief protected the plant. One Captain, one Senior Firefighter, and four Firefighters staffed each of the three shifts. The Plant ceased operations in the fall of 2010 due to the economic downturn. The plant was re-started in ?.
Flint Hills Resources - Port Arthur, TX
A total of 18 fire professionals and one Deputy Fire Chief protect the plant. One Captain, and five Firefighters staff each of the three shifts.
Mississippi Power Company - Meridian, MS
A total of 15 fire professionals and one Division Chief protect the facility. One Captain and 4 Firefighters will staff each of the three shifts.
RTFC MAIN STATION - 1001 McBride Lane, Corpus Christi
The Main Station staffs a crew to respond to its member companies in the South Texas area 24/7. It will also respond as requested to assist the City of Corpus Christi Fire Department.
- Foam 1 - 2009 Ferrara Ignitor XD (3000/400/2000F)
- Foam 2 - Sutphen / CustomFIRE (3000/-/2000F)
- Foam 3 - 2017 Sutphen Monarch EFD 6x4 (4000,300F/400/2000F) (SN#HS-5978)
- Foam 4 - Spartan (1750/400/700F)
- Foam 5 - Spartan (3000/500/2000F)
- Foam 6 - E-One (3000/500/2000F)
- Foam Tower 2 – American LaFrance (3000/-/800F/85' mid-mount boom)
- Foam Tower 3 - American LaFrance (3000/-/800F/85' mid-mount boom)
- Foam Tower 4 - Sutphen (SN#HS-6364)
- Foam Tender 1 - Freightliner elliptical tanker (350/-/4000F)
- Foam Tender 2 - Ferrara Igniter (300/4000F) (SN#H-4595)
- Foam Tender 3 - 2021 Freightliner 114SD 6x4 / Alexis (-/-/4000F) (SN#2435)
- Transport 1 - (-/5000 tractor-drawn tanker)
- Transport 2 - (-/5000 tractor-drawn tanker)
- Pump 1 - (3000/- trailer mounted pump)
- 2 x (3000/- trailer mounted pump)
- Foam Gun 1 “Big Foam Gun” - (18”/14000gpm)
- Brush 1 - International M2 / Ferrara (500pto/750/50F) (SN#H-5884)
- Command - ? LDV Specialty step van
- 2017 Ferrara Ignitor (3500/400/2000F) (SN#H-5326 ) (Ex-Foam 2)
RTFC TRAINING ACADEMY - 3920 Carbo, Plant Road Corpus Christi
The Training Academy is situated on approximately nine acres of land and is equipped with a variety of live fire, hazardous materials and rescue training props.
- 1990 Spartan / National Foam tanker
- 1980 International / Fire-X (CO2/DC) (Ex-TAU-2)
- 1977 Autocar Constructor/ Fire-Tec 1987 National Foam rehab (2000/1350F) (Ex-Foam 2)
- Refinery Terminal Fire Company Website