The Pierce Saber is an entry-level custom fire truck chassis built by Pierce. It was introduced in 1992 and redesigned in 2014 with an identical structural design to the new Pierce Enforcer chassis.
From 1999 to 2010, the Saber had a sister cab called the Contender Custom. It was used on Pierce's Contender product line.
Pierce Saber (1992-present)
- Engine - Ford Power Stroke / Cummins L9
- Engine horsepower - 330-450
- Transmission - Ford Torqshift HD / Allison Transmissions (3000 EVS)
- Cab width - 96"
- Cab length - 60" / 70"
- Cab roof style - Flat or Forwarded Roof (10")
- Cab doors - Barrier or Full Height
- Seating capacity - Up to 8